PDA

View Full Version : sys tray icon

Marc Compernolle
January 4th, 2014, 04:51 AM
When minimized to the system tray (windows 7) there seems to be no icon for the media gui ?
There is a blank placeholder and when hovering the mouse a tooltip says it's the gui!
I can click it and it opens fine... But why is there no icon in the tray?
The program works fine with more than 15000 streamable files!

Dennis
January 4th, 2014, 07:44 AM
Strange - I just checked and I can see the tray icon just fine. Can you please tell me if you are using any third-party graphical add-ons in Windows?

gdcr
January 29th, 2014, 11:16 PM
Same problem for me, since I installed Kooraroo a few months ago.
Blank placeholder with Windows 8, and now 8.1. Firsts times, I didnt' see it, and I had to reboot in order to see the GUI !
Happens with all versions of Koorarro.

Graphical add-on : in my case, I use Start8 from Stardock.

Dennis
January 30th, 2014, 07:46 AM
Do you see a proper icon on the desktop or is that also blank? One thing to try is to clear the Windows' thumbnail cache (let me know if you need on how to do this).

gdcr
January 30th, 2014, 09:36 AM
Desktop icon or task bar is OK.

System tray : blank.
See attached pic.

I just cleared the Windows' thumbnail cache and restarted Kooraro : no change.

Dennis
January 30th, 2014, 01:56 PM
Thank you for the additional information. Please enable logging by ticking the Enable Logging item under the Tools menu. Then restart the GUI. After that please send the logs to support (at) kooraroo (dot) com and I'll check if there are any errors. To find the logs, please go to Tools -> Options -> File Locations and click the Open button on the Logs folder.

Marc Compernolle
February 3rd, 2014, 05:12 AM
Thx gdcr, Dennis, that was exactly the same behaviour on my computer (Windows 7).

Dennis
February 3rd, 2014, 08:04 AM
I do need to see the logs to understand the problem better (as they may show some error to me), so if it's still not coming up, please see my previous post regarding the logs. Marc, does it work ok for you now or you are not getting the icon still?

Marc Compernolle
February 13th, 2014, 04:50 AM
;) Hooray! Problem solved... I was using the Dutch language... when changing the language to "English" and after restarting the GUI, the sys tray icon seems to appear now!

Dennis
February 13th, 2014, 07:49 AM
That's interesting - thank you for reporting that. I'll check what happens with the icon in non-English mode.