PDA

View Full Version : Setting default thumbnail size for pictures and videos in device profile

Thomas
December 29th, 2013, 01:31 AM
Hi.

I have a Samsung F-Series Smart TV. When browsing pictures and videos the thumbnail resolution is not good.

I don't know if it's the TV that is asking for the wrong thumbnail size or if KooRaRoo is using a default size. Either way: it would be nice if the default size was configurable and/or if it were possible to override the size that the device asks for in the device profile.

Dennis
December 29th, 2013, 05:59 AM
Hi,

Are you using the "Samsung TV F-series" device profile for it? If you are, then thumbnails should be high-res. Please try this - go to Tools -> Options -> Transcoding and click the Delete Thumbnails button there. Then make sure the device profile is set to the F-series and try again. See if they come up in better quality. Please let me know how it goes.

It's also possible to change the thumbnail size by modifying the device profile directly - let me know if you'd like to try that and I'll tell you what needs to be done.

Thomas
December 29th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Hi, thanks for your quick reply.

I am sure that the device is using "F-series" device profile and I have modifying the device profile in "KooRaRooDevices.krrx". But, like you said, it seems that the default config for Samsung F-Series is supposed to use 640x480 for thumbnails. However: the thumbnail size I'm getting looks more like 160x160.

My exact TV model is Samsung UE46F8005. Any idea what's wrong?

Dennis
December 29th, 2013, 10:36 AM
I think what's happening is that the thumbnails that are being read in are at a lower resolution, so they don't look good when stretched. Can you please open a support ticket and I'll send you a patched version to fix this.