PDA

View Full Version : UI crashes when pre-transcoding lots of files

LonelyOne
December 24th, 2013, 03:28 AM
Hi there,

I have just purchased KRR as it seemed to be the best DLNA server I've found. My strategy is to pre-transcode everything that needs transcoding.

However, my media library is fairly large and I have run in to trouble. When using the "prepare files" option on my music collection (which has several thousand M4A tracks that need to be transcoded to MP3), if I do them all at once, the Status bar at the bottom is filled up with a massive list of files on the "to do list".

The result of this is that the UI responsiveness slows to a halt, and immediately crashes when I try to select a drop-down menu. From one developer to another (because I'm a developer too) it looks like the UI is trying to soak up too many of Windows resources (perhaps too many handles) and it is throwing Win32 exceptions). I am on Windows 7 64-bit with 4Gb RAM.

At the moment, I seem to have no option but to let KRR finish its To Do list, I don't know a way of cancelling the operation as a whole so I can just do a few files at a time.

Regards

Dennis
December 24th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Hi,

You can cancel and clear up the queue using Actions -> Clear Transcoding Queue function.

Thank you for reporting this issue - I will do more testing here with lots of pre-transcoded files and see what grows exactly (memory, handles or GDI objects) and work out a solution. Please open a support ticket so that I could send you a patch once it's ready.

LonelyOne
December 24th, 2013, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the reply, Dennis. I have submitted a request.