PDA

View Full Version : Generally Lost

whitewolfpaws
December 13th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Hi,

As you will be able to tell I'm new here. What I'm hoping to end up with is to have my windows 8.1 pc be able to play videos on my TV. I have a Vizio TV M420SL with a wireless connection to a Vizio XWR100 wireless router set for the "vizio" or "N" connection. When I run a speed test from the TV I see about 2100kb/s connection speed. I have no idea how fast the link needs to be?? I can connect a cable but the wife is not going to be happy with a wire running down the hallway from the computer room to the living room.... and right now I don't have a cable long enough.

PC is a home brew, ASUS Mboard, A8-3870 @3300Mhz, 4 core, 8GB memory, OCZ ssd, cross-over AMD HD6670 video card. I would think this would have enough horse power for this?

The TV is finding a DLNA1: KooRaRoo media server and a DLNA2: timelord media 1 server (from my PC's). I can use the KooRaRoo server and find movies on the PC but when I pick one out to watch nothing seems to happen, it just sits there, and I finally give up. I'm thinking that this should not take more then 10 minutes, right?

From the PC (this software) I can see the TV as a device and it is set to Vizio. The remote player finds nothing. Refreshing devices show nothing new.

I can't seem to get anything working for this. The windows media center can't find the device (TV) so I can not set up extender for that. Nero Media doesn't work either.

So any ideas what my deal is? I have this sinking feeling I'm not smart enough to handle this new stuff.

Don't want to waste anyones time here but I'm sure at a loss as to what is going on with me or my equipment.

Dennis
December 13th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Hi,

Let's try to sort this out.

Can you please confirm that in KooRaRoo's Devices pane, you can see "device definition" set as "Vizio TV"? If not, then please double-click on the TV in the Devices pane and select the "Vizio TV" device profile and then try playing something again.

If you do have the "Vizio TV" profile set and nothing plays, then we'll need to dig a bit deeper and this will be best handled through http://support.kooraroo.com (open a ticket there).

You can also try pre-transcoding a file in KRR (right-click on the file, select Transcode, select Vizio from the drop-down list at the top and click OK). Once pre-transcoding finishes (you can see it in the Status pane), try playing this on the TV and see if it works. There should be no initial delay (at least nothing longer than 30 seconds).

whitewolfpaws
December 14th, 2013, 04:50 AM
Thanks for responding.

The device pane shows the TV and it is set to Vizio. It has also found a bunch of othet stuff.

If I understand how this board works there should be an image of the device area showing what has been found.

I will attemp to try the pre-transcoding later in the day and see what happens. Will open ticket after I see what happens with the pre-transcoding.

I'll be back later.

Dennis
December 14th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Thanks for the screenshot. Yes, the TV has been picked up correctly. I do have an updated Vizio profile available to try through support, so let's continue this via a support ticket.

Samlena147
December 28th, 2013, 09:52 PM
At the moment, I seem to have no option but to let KRR finish its To Do list, I don't know a way of cancelling the operation as a whole so I can just do a few files at a time.

Dennis
December 29th, 2013, 06:57 AM
At the moment, I seem to have no option but to let KRR finish its To Do list, I don't know a way of cancelling the operation as a whole so I can just do a few files at a time.
Do you mean the transcoding queue? That can be stopped using Actions -> Clear Transcoding Queue. Or do you mean when it's adding files? If that, then you click on the Stop link to the right of the folder being added.