PDA

View Full Version : xbox 360 issues

Counterfitninja
March 10th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Hi Dennis,

Since the 1.51 update I have started to notice mp4 videos getting unsupported format on the 360. Now I know the video is fine as im streaming it fine via varsity with no transcoding. is this something anyone else has seen?

Dennis
March 10th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Hi,

No, haven't had any reports of this come in. Can you please right-click on one such MP4 in KRR and post the output of the "File Information" command (or send through http://support.kooraroo.com) and we'll sort it out.

Also, do you have all updates installed on the Xbox?

Counterfitninja
March 10th, 2013, 09:14 AM
the xbox is fully patched, and tversity plays the files fine without transcoding. it seems to have happened after 1.5.1 as im 99% we have been watching the same series of files that were encoded in the same way without issue before this.(is use the same encoding software to mp4 all my files so the profiles are all the same)

Video, DB: 35359, Thumb: 0
S [h264, 28], bitrate: 1043913, framerate: 23.98, level: 30, profile: 578, flags: 0x0, flags2: 0x0

------------------------

Error message: Redirect console error: 2

Counterfitninja
March 10th, 2013, 09:42 AM
ok some interesting findings. filename might play a part. its midnight her so ill have to check tomorrow. my wo8 is able to play the same file when its a shorter filename than its longer name original. so it might be something to-do with that. ill update tomorrow

Dennis
March 10th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the file information output. The message there suggests that KRR can't find FFmpeg. Did you update to 1.5.1 from 1.5.0 or an earlier version? If from an earlier, please check this thread: http://forum.kooraroo.com/showthread.php/217-Update-notes-please-read-if-you-are-updating-KooRaRoo-Media as you may need to change the location of transcoders folder.

However, if those files are played without transcoding, they should pass through KRR as well. The problem there is that until FFmpeg is in the right folder, it won't show the file information in that dialog, so please re-post that information after you check the folder.

Counterfitninja
March 10th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Hi Dennis,

so I took some drastic action as was seeing some very odd results. (ie copy the same file and the new file would work but the old one would not, and showing different transcoding speeds)

So I removed the installation and re-installed, ensuring all the files paths are right for 64bit.

This seems to have rectified the issues. Obviously I have now lost my meta data, which im happy to redo but hoping the next update helps with mass file tagging (see my previous forum posts)

So from my point of view ill chalk this down to an odd installation and keep and eye on it.

p.s. is there anyway to dump the database and get it to recreate fro scratch? as I guess this could have been the issue?

Dennis
March 10th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Ok, I'm glad it's working now. I would've been interested in seeing your old DBs to try and sort out what happened there, but I guess it's too late to ask now :)

Yes, the upcoming update will incorporate your suggestions from that thread.

There are two ways to start from scratch:

1) non-technical: uninstall KRR, select to delete your media library during uninstall and install again
2) technical: go to Tools -> Options -> File Locations and click the Open button on the Databases folder
2.a) stop the server, shut down the GUI
2.b) in the open databases folder delete KooRaRooMediaConfig.krr, KooRaRooMediaHelper.krr and KooRaRooMediaMain.krr files

Counterfitninja
March 11th, 2013, 04:51 AM
I was pretty close to the technical version then :-)

I still have the DBs if you want them, but there are two files that are over 800Mb each,

Dennis
March 11th, 2013, 07:20 AM
The DBs may help with understanding why the files didn't play, as I could see the path to the files and also their properties and we could compare that to your current, working, installation to see the differences. Only the main DB should be large though - what's the second large file there?