PDA

View Full Version : Samsung B/D/E and new audio stuttering/repeat issues since upgrading to 1.5.1 x64



tboulter
March 2nd, 2013, 06:41 PM
I am suddenly getting a lot of audio stuttering/repeating audio which is knocking the audio and video out of sync on files that I didnt have a problem on up through version 1.4.
If I pause the file it will sync back up upon playback for a few seconds or maybe a minute in most cases, then stutter or repeat the last audio again and be back out of sync. These files played fine under the previous version.
When 1.5.1 upgraded it did install the x64 version, and I have already made the changes to the transcoding folder, as well as rebooting the media server.
This is happening on both my BD-C6500 and my BD-C6700 units. These files I am playing back are streaming not transcoding, and never had an issue before.

Second question is: in a case like this, is there an ftp site or such where we can get the older builds to reinstall if necessary in a pinch?

Thx.

Dennis
March 2nd, 2013, 07:20 PM
Yes, it's possible to get an older version, but that's sort of a last resort (and thus not listed publicly). Let's try and figure out and fix what's wrong instead using 1.5.1.

Can you please right-click on one of those files in KRR and send the output of the File Information command through http://support.kooraroo.com - I'll check if there were any changes that could've affected this file (and similar) and we'll proceed from there.

tboulter
March 2nd, 2013, 07:31 PM
Done. Request #923

Dennis
March 2nd, 2013, 07:38 PM
Thank you for the file information - I'll get back to you via e-mail shortly and we'll get this sorted out.

tboulter
March 14th, 2013, 02:57 AM
Hey Dennis: sorry about not getting back to you on this...I am just getting back to looking into this myself - free time to play with this lately has been tight. But - while fooling with it last night: I came across a new problem...
I add a Disk Folder to the playlist using a location on another server on my network: doesnt matter if I add the disk folder as a mapped drive (Z:\video) or digging down through the tree (\\server2\Video), the files are added and processed, but when I go to play them back I get "unsupported file format". Even tried copying some known working files from my original playback location on the same box that the Kooraroo server is loaded on and that play back fine from there - same issue. From the remote location/folder, everything comes up "unsupported file format" upon playback.
Tried deleting the folder (and files) from the database, ran maintenance, restarted the server and reloaded the location from scratch, etc: same results.
Took these same files and copied to my local Video storage folder and updated, they play with no problem.
Is there something I am missing with remote (different local storage server) files and playback? I am also noticing that files in the remote location never get updated with any metadata/picture icon with the file name either.
Dont know if this is all also symptomatic of my above problems, but definately something I havent seen before the upgrade.

tboulter
March 14th, 2013, 03:03 AM
To add to this...these same files from the other network location...if I right click on them in Kooraroo and select play locally, they play back in WMP Classic with no problem.

Dennis
March 14th, 2013, 09:09 AM
It'll be best if I see some logs to understand this better. It could be a permissions issue or something else.

Can you please enable logging by ticking the Enable Logging item under the Tools menu in KRR's GUI. After that restart the GUI and the server and try streaming one of those failing files (from either location). After that, stop the server and send the logs through http://support.kooraroo.com. To find the logs, go to Tools -> Options -> File Locations and click the Open button on the Logs folder.