PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer VSX-527 Profile and transcoding problems

viking4dk
February 25th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Hi
All my music is in Flac format. I want to send it from a computer to my reciever (Pioneer VSX-527), - controlled by a tablet app (I use BubbleUPnP as per your earlier suggestion to me. It works fine, - thank you very much).

There is currently no profile for the Pioneer VSX, so I assume that this is the reason for the following behaviour:

If transcoding is off, the Flac format is not accepted by the VSX when Pushing from the server.
If transcoding is on, MP3 is generated and played well, however the transcoding seems to convert the 5.1 surround music to stereo (no sound from the back-speakers).
If I use the VSX to request/Pull music from the DLNA-server (I can do that via the reciever remote control and watch via the TV) it plays flac fine. Also, I get surround sound from Flac in this way.

I did a small test with a Denon Flac profile. Now my VSX could play Flac even when pushed from the server, but without surround sound. It looks to me like I need a profile supporting 5.1 surround sound and Flac. Can you eventually point me to a usable profile, can I make one myself (how, where ?) or would it be possible for you to make one for Pioneer VSX.

Dennis
February 25th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Hi,

Actually KooRaRoo does have a profile for Pioneer VSX - it's combined into "Pioneer AVR/HiFi". Please try that profile and let me know how it works for you.

Multichannel FLAC should be pushed through natively using that profile, but if it doesn't, we can sort it out.

viking4dk
February 26th, 2013, 01:48 AM
Flac does work with the Pioneer AVR/HiFi profile, but I cannot Push surround sound to the VSX-527 reviever, - just 2 channels.

I have to say that Flac now also works (2 channels only) with the default profile, but I did an upgrate to 1.5.1 which maybe did the trick.

Dennis
February 26th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Ok, what may be happening there is that the device may not be telling KRR that it supports FLAC (when it's pushed to the device), thus those files are transcoded and you get stereo.

The best way to solve this is for me to see the logs and we'll proceed based on that. So, please enable logging by ticking the Enable Logging item under the Tools menu. After that restart the GUI and the server. Then push one multichannel FLAC to the Pioneer and once it starts playing on the device, send in the logs through http://support.kooraroo.com . To find the logs, please go to Tools -> Options -> File Locations in KRR and click the Open button on the Logs folder.