PDA

View Full Version : Multichannel flacs streamed to Oppo BD-83SE

Michel Boudreaux
February 18th, 2013, 01:18 AM
Has anyone successfully streamed multichannel flacs to the Oppo 83SE? I have tried Foobar unsuccessfully using AVSforum ideas, and am considering buying KooRaRoo to do this job. I mainly want to purchase HDtracks audio etc for streaming. My 83 has the latest firmware. Also are there test files available to test the streaming of such files? Thanks.

Dennis
February 18th, 2013, 06:45 AM
Hello Michel,

Do you have multichannel FLACs in your collection now? If you do we can test this, but as far as I know, Oppo 83 does not support FLACs natively (Oppo 95 and above do) unless they've released a firmware update for 83 and 83SE with FLAC support. Perhaps we could try to find a format that supports multiple channels and that the Oppo 83 can play and transcode FLACs to that.

Michel Boudreaux
February 18th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Thanks Dennis. I do have a few multichannel Flacs and would buy more if I can find a way to stream them. The Oppo 83SE does not support flacs natively, so ideally they would be transcoded on the fly to LPCM. Can Kooraroo do this?

Dennis
February 18th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Yes, KRR can do that, but to be sure it would be great if you could send in one of your FLACs through http://support.kooraroo.com, so that I could test it here and confirm whether it works as expected (as far as transcoding goes). I would also be able to send you a pre-release version to try this. At the moment, all LPCM encoding is done to stereo, thus I'd like to try and test this first.