PDA

View Full Version : Problem playing music

Mibber
February 12th, 2013, 01:19 AM
On most of the albums that I am streaming to my Harman Kardon BDS I get a "File not supported" error message.
The home cinema set is recognised as HK_BDS 34945B and transcoding is enabled.
By double clicking on the device I have set up the Harman Kardon AVR profile.

I don't understand why this is happening. Most of the albums contain .wav files, some .wav files stream and others don't.
Most of the files have been converted with xrecode II, from flac to wav.

Are there any settings for streaming music that I didn't find yet?

Dennis
February 12th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Can you please right-click on one such file in KRR and send the output of the "File Information" command to support (at) kooraroo (dot) com? I'll then check the file and see why this may be happening.

Also, please enable logging by ticking the Enable Logging item under the Tools menu. After that restart the server and try playing one of the failing files again. Once you get that error to come up, stop the server and send in the logs to the support e-mail. To find the logs, please go to Tools -> Options -> File Locations and click the Open button on the Logs folder.

The current HK profile will attempt to transcode WAVs to MP3, but perhaps we need to change that to PCM to preserve the original sound quality. We can do some testing and tweaking.

Mibber
February 12th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Ok, I've just send the email.

Thanks for looking into this!

Dennis
February 12th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Thanks - I've received it through support and will get back to you shortly via e-mail.