PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions

Urs
February 3rd, 2013, 10:41 PM
Hi together

I have several suggestions to improve KooRaRoo Media:

- Is it possible to import also the track number while importing media files? It had a lot to do to add it to all my sound files

- It would be nice to edit metadata from all files of an album (or folder) together (for exapmple change the actor for the whole album) in some way.

- The table control could be improved: enable/disable colums, change size of column, change order of columns

- Dynamic playlist (folders of them) were not updated automaticaly when you edit your metadata. There is no functionality to rebuild them. The only way is delete und create newly.

- Is there any way to delete unused metadata? Maybe it could be added in maintainance function.

- context menu items should only be displayed (also greyed out) when in some other circumstances they are availabe. If they are never available in this context, they should be invisible. As newby it is a littble bit confiusing for exmaple on dynamic playlist, why all this menu items aren't here but are greyed out.

- integrated CD-Ripper which gets album information from internet ;-)

best regards,
Urs

Dennis
February 4th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Hi Urs,

- Is it possible to import also the track number while importing media files? It had a lot to do to add it to all my sound files

Track number should already be imported from metadata, if it's not, please send such a file to support and I'll take a look.

- It would be nice to edit metadata from all files of an album (or folder) together (for exapmple change the actor for the whole album) in some way.

Good idea, I'll add this to the development to-do list.

- The table control could be improved: enable/disable colums, change size of column, change order of columns

Yes, that's already planned and will be implemented soon.

- Dynamic playlist (folders of them) were not updated automaticaly when you edit your metadata. There is no functionality to rebuild them. The only way is delete und create newly.

Strange, they should have updated themselves. Can you please tell me which metadata you've edited and what was the playlist that didn't update?

- Is there any way to delete unused metadata? Maybe it could be added in maintainance function.

Not at the moment, but I'll add this in as well.

- context menu items should only be displayed (also greyed out) when in some other circumstances they are availabe. If they are never available in this context, they should be invisible. As newby it is a littble bit confiusing for exmaple on dynamic playlist, why all this menu items aren't here but are greyed out.

Yes, I agree with you - I'll clean those up.

- integrated CD-Ripper which gets album information from internet ;-)

The logic with KRR is that it should be excellent at what it does and that is streaming and organizing. It is very tempting to add in related functionality, such as CD ripping, but there are already excellent rippers out there with extended functionality. I'm just thinking that if a CD ripper is added to KRR, most people will use the tools they already use, so it won't be used much. I could be wrong, so please let me know if there's interest in this and if there is, then sure, I can add one it :)

Thank you for the suggestions!

Urs
February 5th, 2013, 06:23 AM
Hi Dennis

I will send you such a sound file with track number to your support e-mail

I think the problem with not uptated dynamic playlist occurs when you change for example the the album metadata of all files of an album to something else. In the dynamic playlist of albums this album folder stays but is empty.

The idea with the CD-Ripper was just a wish for the wish list for christmas :rolleyes: would be nice to have but is not so important of course.

kind regards
Urs

Dennis
February 5th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Hi Urs,

I'll check the dynamic playlist updates - thanks for pointing it out. At the moment, if you get empty dynamic playlists left behind, just run Maintenance (under Tools) and that should remove those. I'll have it fixed for the next update though.