PDA

View Full Version : maps

Ronald
February 2nd, 2013, 10:00 PM
Can I move the map KooRaRoomedia move from my C-disk to my D-disk without a problem?

Dennis
February 2nd, 2013, 10:08 PM
Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by "map"? Do you want to re-install KRR on your D: drive or do you want to move files that KRR uses/generated to the D: drive or both?

Ronald
February 2nd, 2013, 11:44 PM
This is what i want: to move files that KRR uses/generated to the D: drive.\
Question is if that's possible without problems, f.i. that the program doesn't work anymore or proper. The files that KRR uses are on my C:drive in a map named :KooRaRooMedia and about 14 GB, that's why I should like to move it to another drive on my PC with more space or even a external drive.

Dennis
February 3rd, 2013, 12:02 AM
Sure. To move temporary transcoded files (which are what typically takes up the most space), go to Tools -> Options -> File Locations, then click the small [...] button on the Transcoding folder and choose the new destination (e.g. some folder on drive D:\ ). After that click OK to apply and you should get a warning dialog saying that you should not be streaming or transcoding during this operation. If you are ready to continue, do so and KRR will move the files for you. This will ensure that they are correctly moved and entries for them are updated in the database.

I'd recommend keeping temporary transcoded files on a local drive (internal or USB) and not moving them to a NAS, because accessing files over a network slows things down and may result in bad streaming and transcoding performance.

Please let me know if you need more information or instructions and how it goes.