PDA

View Full Version : newbie question and issues

efigalaxie
October 31st, 2013, 02:01 PM
My background....I had a dlink boxee box. I rip my DVD and blue-rays to m4v files using DVDFAB. The boxee treated the TV shows differently. The determination was made by a combination of a designated folder for episodic TV show and TV show specific nfo files. What I see is kooraroo simply lists each episode as it's own thumbnail. I am now using a Sony NSZ-GS7 running the ViMu app. Can you set up some sort of distinctive functionality for TV Series? Plex has some of this functionality, but Plex is somewhat heavy as an application. Plus Plex has some real issues with many of my files. The boxee handled them fine, but not plex. So far, so good with Kooraroo.

Arggghh trying to use this forum with a tablet is maddening. This is the 3rd time I am typing this.

Why are the thumbnails blurry?

Can kooraroo examine my library and transcode all files needing it and save them in place of the originals?

Dennis
October 31st, 2013, 03:42 PM
With the series - do you mean something like in this thread: http://forum.kooraroo.com/showthread.php/562-TV-Series-Organization ?

Sorry about issue with the forum and the tablet - vBulletin should be mobile-friendly :)

Can you please send a photo of the blurry thumbnails to support (at) kooraroo (dot) com? I'll also need to know which device profile you are using in KRR (check the Devices pane).

You can use Tools -> Prepare Files for Device to pre-transcode all incompatible files. At the moment replacing originals is not implemented, but it's a planned feature. If your disk space allows it, just keep all pre-transcoded files in the temporary transcoding folder (where they are now by default) and once this functionality is done, KRR will let you replace those files without re-transcoding them.

efigalaxie
November 1st, 2013, 12:56 PM
On the TV series... yes... exactly. Can you put together a small example manual? Also, How do I do this playlist wise and NOT have them show for the regular movies? I am guessing one of two ways. 1)a movies playlist.. 2)adding my G, Pg, R, UR, Family, and Music video folders individually omitting the TV folder to the kooraroo video list? Currently, I have a folder called video under which the others all fall.

Any guidance would be very appreciated.

Dennis
November 1st, 2013, 02:27 PM
I'd be happy to put together some sort of a manual, in fact, I've sort started to do this by collecting relevant threads under this one: http://forum.kooraroo.com/showthread.php/141-Tips-and-common-issues-%28updated-Sep-5th-2013%29

If you have suggestions on what to add there, please let me know. There are also video tutorials available on the site for some basic tasks, which can be expanded too.

Do you mean how to make the playlist not show any movies? Typically, movies won't contain "album" metadata, so they shouldn't appear there. You can correct those that do by editing their metadata and removing the "album" information. Or did you mean something else?

efigalaxie
November 2nd, 2013, 05:44 AM
I'd be happy to put together some sort of a manual, in fact, I've sort started to do this by collecting relevant threads under this one: http://forum.kooraroo.com/showthread.php/141-Tips-and-common-issues-%28updated-Sep-5th-2013%29

If you have suggestions on what to add there, please let me know. There are also video tutorials available on the site for some basic tasks, which can be expanded too.

Do you mean how to make the playlist not show any movies? Typically, movies won't contain "album" metadata, so they shouldn't appear there. You can correct those that do by editing their metadata and removing the "album" information. Or did you mean something else?

With ViMu....the player I rely upon for the Nsz-gs7, I have to select a network resource. At this time, I have chosen the all videos subsection. It shows everything. I would like to have 3 UpNP,DLNA sections to present to ViMu. TV, Movies, Kids. The kids section is just Movies minus R rated and harder movies. The TV section is a presentation of the TV series I have... such as Bewitched, Night Court, Greatest American Hero etc. One folder/icon per TV series. Select Bewitched. A list of seasons. Select season. A list of episodes... each with a plot synopsis.

efigalaxie
November 2nd, 2013, 05:55 AM
Also, is it possible to represent the section folders with thumbnails of their own? I don't know if this is even possible since ViMu has something to do with it as well.

I hate that Boxes Box was ash canned. It would play m4v files straight from my NAS. It also would perform all organization and metadata management. If by some circumstance, you can get your hands on one and work with it pulling from a nas across a network..... that is exactly what I want. I don't know why, but most metadata scrappers have trouble with pulling data if the file name isn't perfect..boxee did not care and got it right most often.
Example.... American_Pie.ur.m4v. Boxee would get it right. Every single other scrapper is unable to deal with an underscore for a space. Every other scrapper loses it when dealing with.ur.... (unrated in case you were wondering) Is there something I am missing? Can a scrapper be set for a looser matching?

Dennis
November 2nd, 2013, 10:06 AM
With ViMu....the player I rely upon for the Nsz-gs7, I have to select a network resource. At this time, I have chosen the all videos subsection. It shows everything. I would like to have 3 UpNP,DLNA sections to present to ViMu. TV, Movies, Kids. The kids section is just Movies minus R rated and harder movies. The TV section is a presentation of the TV series I have... such as Bewitched, Night Court, Greatest American Hero etc. One folder/icon per TV series. Select Bewitched. A list of seasons. Select season. A list of episodes... each with a plot synopsis.
If I understand this correctly, you could simply create three playlists (yellow folders) in KRR at the root level. Then assign a parental rating to each of those as you need and also set the parental ratings on the devices. Then just add folders/playlists under those as you need as well - don't worry about adding duplicates, as they won't be duplicated in the DB and also won't be re-added, so it'll be quick.

Also, is it possible to represent the section folders with thumbnails of their own? I don't know if this is even possible since ViMu has something to do with it as well.

Some devices support folder thumbnails and some don't. Try setting a thumbnail for a folder/playlist in KRR and see if it comes up on the device.

I hate that Boxes Box was ash canned. It would play m4v files straight from my NAS. It also would perform all organization and metadata management. If by some circumstance, you can get your hands on one and work with it pulling from a nas across a network..... that is exactly what I want. I don't know why, but most metadata scrappers have trouble with pulling data if the file name isn't perfect..boxee did not care and got it right most often.
Example.... American_Pie.ur.m4v. Boxee would get it right. Every single other scrapper is unable to deal with an underscore for a space. Every other scrapper loses it when dealing with.ur.... (unrated in case you were wondering) Is there something I am missing? Can a scrapper be set for a looser matching?

Can you please open a support ticket through http://support.kooraroo.com and send in the file title that's not being picked up correctly. We'll sort it out.