PDA

View Full Version : Masquerading A.C.Ryan Playon! ?

ShellstaX
October 19th, 2013, 09:54 PM
I not aware of an A.C.Ryan Media Player ever having been connected to my network and yet it appears in my device list.
Furthermore it appears to show with the same IP Address and MAC Address of a legitimate device(laptop).
(I guess this could be feasible if the laptop came online later/after and the MAC Address was 'soft' ?)

Does it's presence suggest it has associated transcoded files and hence does not automatically release/disappear (nor with a refresh)?
If so, Can I determine what these associated transcoded files are?
I could delete it ... but I don't yet fully understand it's existence.

My obvious concern is that some neighbor (or hacker) has got onto my network (whether they recognise it or not).
I understand my router/network to be secured (passworded, WPA2) ... but I have opened up some Media Streaming to what I understand to be a 'private' network.

Any thoughts?

Example piccy below (details obscured):

Thanks.
ShellstaX

Dennis
October 19th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Actually this is a case of manufacturers not updating their third-party firmware implementations and thus sharing unique IDs with other devices when they license their internal software. A.C.Ryan shares the same unique ID as some other devices and thus it's simply misdetected. This has been fixed in KRR v2.1, where ACRyan is not auto-detected anymore at all. You can safely delete that entry from the Devices pane and it should come up as something else (most likely Windows Media Player).

ShellstaX
October 19th, 2013, 10:36 PM
Thanks Dennis,

Man ... Kooraroo must truly be a passion for you ... which I commend and admire. Your timely response/support goes beyond my expectation ... as I've seen over and over in this forum.

All the best from a BrisVegas 'local'.

:)
ShellstaX

ShellstaX
October 19th, 2013, 10:48 PM
For the benefit of others too ...

Prior to seeing your response I deleted the 'A.C.Ryan' device's trancoded files (likely none) and it still did not go away upon refresh. Therefore it needs to be deleted (if you don't want it to be there) ... and should not come back post KRR v2.1.

Dennis
October 20th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Thank you - I appreciate it! Yes, I enjoy what I do :)