PDA

View Full Version : Automaticaly update the folders.

Aethelstan
October 8th, 2013, 06:18 AM
Hi, I am probably missing something very simple, but can I set Kooraroo to update the folders automaticaly, perhaps on a daily or weekly basis?

Thanks,

David

Aethelstan
October 8th, 2013, 06:24 AM
Apologies, I did miss something very simple ;)

Dennis
October 8th, 2013, 08:07 AM
I'm glad you've sorted it out ;)

Mabroc
October 18th, 2013, 05:34 PM
I have a problem (or feature?) with the automatic update. No matter if I use realtime or once every 7 days setting (for example) in a disk that contain a folder with 1500+ sub-folders, each one of them having a video file or several if I add another folder or a just single file in one of the existing folders when the contain update happens it REDO the entire operation, like there was never an indexing of files and this is the first time checking files, IT TAKES A LOT OF TIME.
I use SERVIIO too and for the same huge folder it SMARTLY check the files (I ASSUME IT IGNORES THE FILES ALREADY INDEXED WITH THE SAME NAME AND SIZE) and just process the new files very quickly adding them to the database.
I tested this with a simple empty folder in automatic update too, if I copy there 5 files with automatic realtime update KooRaRoo processed and added them to the database, if I copied more files, for each one the process would happen again from scratch, processing each one of the already there files too.
I am doing something wrong? There is a hidden option to use a quickly and smartly checking somewhere?

Dennis
October 18th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Can you please check if you have "Update existing files" ticked in Tools -> Options -> Update Folders? If you do, then that would cause every file to be reloaded again. If not, then KRR should ignore files that are already in the DB and process just the difference between new files and those already in the library quickly.

Mabroc
October 19th, 2013, 03:25 AM
I already tried that option, no matter if the state is disabled or enable the behavior remains the same. Just to be sure on this 2.1.0.0 x64 version I tested again in a folder with the REALTIME UPDATE enabled, everytime I copy ONE file the folder was totally indexed, no matter if the option was CHECKED or UNCHECKED. This has been the case since the first version of Kooraroo I installed (maybe 1.0, dont remember really) I thought it was some kind of bug or error of design and I waited to get it fixed with time because nobody seemed to complain for something very annoying, I assumed it was a bug finally and used this thread to ask for clarification. So IT'S A BUG DEFINITELY?

Dennis
October 19th, 2013, 08:56 AM
No, it's not a bug, it's basically how it is designed at the moment. I can now understand better what you mean and yes, the whole folder will be checked for changes. Typically this should be almost instant, but if you have thousands of files in the same folder, then it may become noticeable. I've added a note to streamline this for the next update - thanks for bringing this up!

If there are other issues like this, don't hesitate to open support tickets for them or report them here, it all helps make KRR even better :)

Mabroc
October 19th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Well, glad to know is a "feature" and not a bug hahaha. As I said I use Serviio in those rare chances (1 in 300 said file invalid or cannot show a subtitle .SRT file) when KooRaRoo have a problem streaming one file to my LG SmartTV 42LS5700 (by the way I still have to turn on the TV first then start the server to see the DNLA Server as an input option, otherwise it never appear onscreen if the server was already started, no problems with to detect the Serviio server always) and it seems that it quickly checks the (I know) humongous 2,6GB data folder (mostly video files, only 5% photos). Probably just checks a list of files/sizes it had store in the DB against a simple directory listing and then just add the new files and remove the erased ones from the DB. And by quickly I mean maybe it takes only 1/10 or less of the time required by KooRaRoo to do the same updating. Maybe adding a quick "check option" to use? Instead of the intensive one? Thanks for your quick answer and I really love how this program is evolving, that's the reason I bought it even when I already was using Serviio.

Dennis
October 19th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Thank you. I would be interested in seeing why some files fail as well - if you'd like, please open a support ticket and we'll work through that to get 100% of files to work with KRR.

Server detection is also an interesting and important point to solve, so, if possible, I'd love to see some logs to see why KRR fails to come up on the TV unless your TV is already turned on.

Mabroc
October 20th, 2013, 01:49 AM
Ok, I will send a support request for the server detection first, the file invalid is really a once in 3 months occurring so when I find another one I will let you know, well support will know. I have to track down which file failed to show subtitles ( external ones in a .SRT) that worked just fine with Serviio, and in the PC with VLC and GOMPLayer. That would be a second support ticket.

Dennis
October 20th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Great, I'm sure we'll sort it out once we dig deeper into this.