PDA

View Full Version : Including all sub-folders when using an absolute path to a disk folder in a dynamic

masterchef
October 8th, 2013, 01:08 AM
Is there any way to include the contents of all sub-folders when using an absolute path statement to point to the main folder when setting up a dynamic playlist. For example I keep all my Christmas Films in a single folder called (of course) Christmas Films. Under that main folder are the sub-folders each one containing a single video file plus supporting files. I want to be able to display the list of all those videos contained in the sub-folders on my device rather than compiling the list via genre, year etc?

Dennis
October 8th, 2013, 08:10 AM
You could use "starts with" criteria in the dynamic file list, like so:

"Path" "starts with" "E:\Christmas Films"

This will grab all files with path starting with "E:\Christmas Films" and show them in one playlist, so things like "E:\Christmas Films\2012" will be included as well.

arda
January 28th, 2014, 10:31 PM
Is there any way to include the contents of all sub-folders when using an absolute path statement to point to the main folder when setting up a dynamic playlist. For example I keep all my Christmas Films in a single folder called (of course) Christmas Films. Under that main folder are the sub-folders each one containing a single video file plus supporting files. I want to be able to display the list of all those videos contained in the sub-folders on my device rather than compiling the list via genre, year etc

Dennis
January 29th, 2014, 07:56 AM
Is there any way to include the contents of all sub-folders when using an absolute path statement to point to the main folder when setting up a dynamic playlist. For example I keep all my Christmas Films in a single folder called (of course) Christmas Films. Under that main folder are the sub-folders each one containing a single video file plus supporting files. I want to be able to display the list of all those videos contained in the sub-folders on my device rather than compiling the list via genre, year etc
Yes, you'd want to specify "Path" "starts with" and "...\..." your path as the criteria. This will then take all videos with that root path and display them as a flat list.