PDA

View Full Version : KooRaRoo seems to get online metadata completely wrong

Joker
September 26th, 2013, 08:49 PM
I have a number of files, that KooRaRoo tries to download the IMDB information, but gets it totally wrong.

eg a file called The.IT.Crowd gets information for The Hangover 3 downloaded.

I've had to turn off automatic file metadata download to stop KooRaRoo from corrupting its media database with bad information.

KooRaRoo needs to turn off the automatic metadata download by default if it can't reliably get the information.

And so far it hasn't got it right once.

This seems to be because when I go to the Online Metadata tab for an example file, it's only searching for "The". It's ignoring everything after the full stop in the title.

Putting in bad data is worse than putting in no data at all. If it can't identify the file to a high degree of accuracy, then it shouldn't do anything.

I'm glad that I CAN turn off the automatic metadata download. And I'm very glad I've bought this software... It's quite impressive.

Dennis
September 26th, 2013, 09:12 PM
Thank you for pointing that out. There is constant improvement in the area of processing titles and making them work with online data sources. This has somehow slipped through... Please open a support ticket and I'll send you a patch that fixes this issue.