PDA

View Full Version : Older PC CPU

python
January 24th, 2013, 02:12 AM
Would a PC with a Core2 duo cpu from 2007 have issues streaming full 1080p videos? I am testing KRR, I have a system like that wired directly into my router (uverse). When I access through dlna from my Panasonic VT30 some videos play fine, other videos it just hangs with a black screen. Sometimes there is a "cannot read file" message for some videos other times it's a black screen. I can play all the videos fine on the PC. I tried manually transcoding each file that wont play, selecting my TV device, waiting till they are done even (takes a while to complete). Then black screen on the TV. Kind of frustrating; the only thing I can attribute this to is the cpu can't handle the stream(?) If I try the Play To feature, will that work? Any ideas? Thanks

Dennis
January 24th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Yes, your CPU should handle streaming just fine. It won't handle high-def transcoding in real-time, but just streaming should work. Can you please go to Devices pane and check which device profile is selected for your TV?

Also, please enable logging by ticking the Enable Logging item under the Tools menu, then restart the server using the stop/start button on the toolbar. After that double-click in KRR on one of those files that shows up with a black screen, go to Transcoding tab and delete all entries there. After that try playing it again on the TV. Once it starts to play and you see the black screen, please stop the server and send the logs to support (at) kooraroo (dot) com. To find the logs, go to Tools -> Options -> File Locations and click the Open button on the Logs folder.

The "play to" feature won't help in this case until we know what's wrong (and logs should show that).