PDA

View Full Version : Recommended hardware that supports fast forward and rewind

dmurcroix
January 18th, 2013, 06:21 AM
I am reviewing this product and am very pleased with its features, especially the fact that is streams DD5.1 which I was unable to do with other software. Also the support for DVD IFO files. I have one problem with my Samsung BR player not allowing the fast forward and rewind function. I have the latest firmware. Is this a known issue? Can you recommend a hardware interface for my TV thats works well with your software? Aside from the FFW and REW functions I am looking for a menu that is easy to navigate. I do not need it to be a BR player or a game console but will consider one if you recommend it. Thanks!

Dennis
January 18th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Thank you - I'm glad you like KooRaRoo.

Yes, FF/REW are not implemented properly on the Samsung, but it should allow you to skip back and forth using the left/right buttons (at least when playing some formats).

Regarding another device - a stand-alone media player from Dune, Micca, WD or Xtreamer would work and have been tested with KRR. BDPs by LG, Oppo, Panasonic and Sony (out of the bigger brands) allow FF/REW. It all depends on your needs and budget.

dmurcroix
January 18th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the info!