PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Bundle Kooraroo with Team Viewer

Dave Yuhas
January 4th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Amazingly simple setup. Works great. Then the reality: Kooraroo is Australian Aboriginal for "reset server every few hours." With Team Viewer I don't have to get off the couch to do the reset.

Dennis
January 4th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Dave, thank you for the suggestion :)

On a serious note, you shouldn't need to reset the server (at least not because of KooRaRoo). What's happening with the server every few hours?

Dave Yuhas
January 4th, 2013, 03:16 PM
I have no idea. Al I know is that if I am not using the player (8player) for a certain length of time then I have to reset the server. Discovered this quite by accident. Not much different than "When in doubt reboot" solution to problems with Windows.

Dennis
January 4th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Do you mean that the server disappeared from 8player's list or it's there, but cannot be accessed?

Dave Yuhas
January 5th, 2013, 05:23 AM
It's missing from 8Player. The service is running. I reset it and it shows up in 8player.

Might this be due to Windows going into sleep mode?

I'm not making a complaint; just letting you know of a minor inconvenience.

Dave Yuhas
January 5th, 2013, 05:30 AM
Forgot to mention in my previous post - the Windows Media Player shows up in 8Player while Kooraroo does not. It doesn't work - I never use it - but it shows up even though I delete all the devices but one in Kooraroo UI.

Dennis
January 5th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Dave,

Yes, Windows going into sleep mode may be the issue here. Would you be interested in trying a patch to see if that's the problem (and a fix for it)? If so, please e-mail support (at) kooraroo (dot) com and I'll send it to you.

I'd like to remove any inconveniences from KRR :)

Dave Yuhas
January 5th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Dennis - I'll stop my computer from going into sleep mode overnight. I'll let you know tomorrow if that's the problem.

Dennis
January 5th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Ok, thanks! If it is, then it should be easy to fix (from within KRR).

Dave Yuhas
January 6th, 2013, 04:36 AM
Dennis - On the basis of a single test Windows sleep mode appears to be the problem. If you're stil of a mind to, send the patch to daveyuhas at hotmail dot com.

Dennis
January 6th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Thanks for letting me know - I'll send you a patch shortly.

Dennis
January 6th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Ok, patch sent to your e-mail address. Please let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Dave Yuhas
January 8th, 2013, 06:49 AM
Dennis,

Contrary to my previous message - which I don't see in the thread - it doesn't look like your patch solved the problem. The positive result I reported after my first test was in doubt because I wasn't entirely sure the computer went into sleep mode. There is no doubt about the second test result.

Of all the running services, KRR seems to be the only one affected by sleep mode - if that's the origin of the problem.

Dennis
January 8th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Dave,

Strange - I don't see any previous messages either. I can send you a new patch to try - the sleep test worked here, but there are still a couple of things that can be tweaked which perhaps will make it more solid.

What would be great, if possible, is if I could get some logs from you. To do this, please enable logging by ticking the Enable Logging item under the Tools menu. After that restart the server and let the machine go to sleep. Once it wakes up, give it a minute or so and once KRR doesn't refresh itself on the client, stop the server and send the logs to support (at) kooraroo (dot) com. To find out where logs are, go to Tools -> Options -> File Locations and click the Open button on the Logs folder.

Dave Yuhas
January 9th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Dennis,

Ok, I'll get the log to you as soon as I can. FYI, I shutdown my computer (Win 7 64bit) to install updates. When I turned it back on 8Player didn't see the KRR server even though it was running. I reset the server and 8Player saw it immediately.

Dennis
January 9th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Dave,

Thanks - the logs should show what's going on and I'll be able to fix it up for sure.