PDA

View Full Version : Which Driver to use for HTC One phone?

freeop
August 1st, 2013, 03:36 AM
My grandson has an HTC One phone and it has the capability to watch DLNA movies over my home network.

I tried to get some different movies/TV shows to play, but got the dreaded "Cannot Play" on his Device. I checked the KRR Server and it sees the device and in fact it was transcoding to his device.

I know I don't have the correct Device Driver set up in KRR and was wondering which one I should use. I tired the Default and the Microsoft Media Player drivers with no luck. I didn't really see any phone drivers in the list of devices, so was wondering which one would work with these devices?

Thanks for the Help....

Michael

Dennis
August 1st, 2013, 09:31 AM
Michael,

It depends on the media player installed on the phone that you use to watch movies. I would recommend trying MX Video Player, for example, and also select the corresponding device profile for it in KooRaRoo.

freeop
August 1st, 2013, 03:20 PM
Michael,

It depends on the media player installed on the phone that you use to watch movies. I would recommend trying MX Video Player, for example, and also select the corresponding device profile for it in KooRaRoo.

Thanks Dennis.

I found out that I have to install BubbleUPnP before I can use MX Player. After installing both apps, everything works just fine. It even started playing the movies with the Default Driver, so I guess the big thing is the BubbleUPnP app has to be installed before using the MX Player, as I didn't see any DLNA choices on it.

Anyway got it worked out and everything is playing now.

Michael

Dennis
August 1st, 2013, 03:56 PM
Michael,

Yes, you can use Bubble UPnP or iMediaShare with MX Video Player - sorry, I should've mentioned that.