PDA

View Full Version : 3 Questions about video files support, playlist view and folder view

Hla
July 29th, 2013, 11:52 PM
Hi,

I've just installed KRR 1.8.0/64, and :

1) All my video files cannot be played : flv, avi, mkv, mp4 especially. TV says "The selected file is not currently supported". Note that all of them can be play with another DLNA server without transcoding.
2) My m3u playlist is well shown in the windows interface but not in the TV interface. How can i see it on my TV ?
3) Is it possible to have a folder view other than the video library from windows (ie. \users\xxx\MyVideos) : i have an external disk and I just want to be able to see and access on my TV the selected folders previously choosen in the interface : for example J:\medias\videos\concert.

Thanks for reply.

Dennis
July 30th, 2013, 12:29 AM
Hi,

I've just installed KRR 1.8.0/64, and :

1) All my video files cannot be played : flv, avi, mkv, mp4 especially. TV says "The selected file is not currently supported". Note that all of them can be play with another DLNA server without transcoding.

Hi,

Most likely the device profile is not correctly selected for your TV. Can you please go to the Devices pane and check which device profile is used for your TV? You can change the profile by double-clicking on the device there and then selecting a profile from the drop-down list.

2) My m3u playlist is well shown in the windows interface but not in the TV interface. How can i see it on my TV ?

In the device properties (which come up after you double-click on the device in the Devices pane), tick the "Disable manufacturer extensions" and then try to browse the KRR server using your TV again and see if you get the full folder structure now.

3) Is it possible to have a folder view other than the video library from windows (ie. \users\xxx\MyVideos) : i have an external disk and I just want to be able to see and access on my TV the selected folders previously choosen in the interface : for example J:\medias\videos\concert.

Thanks for reply.
If I understand this correctly, then step 2 will get these to come up on the TV as well (it'll basically be the same as what you see in KRR's media tree). Or do you mean that are not sure how to add other folders to KRR? If the latter, then you can just use the Add -> Disk Folder command available from the toolbar.

Hla
July 30th, 2013, 03:55 AM
Thanks for your reactivity !

Here is the begining of my playlist (fully functional with VLC for example) :

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:626,George Duke, David Sanborn, Marcus Miller - Brazilian Love Affair - 2011
J:\Concerts\Divers\George Duke, David Sanborn, Marcus Miller - Brazilian Love Affair - 2011.mkv
#EXTINF:561,Air - La Femme D'Argent (Live @ Fuji Rock Festival '10).flv
J:\Concerts\Divers\Air - La Femme D'Argent (Live @ Fuji Rock Festival '10).flv
#EXTINF:233,Acoustic Alchemy - Roseland - Java Jazz Festival - 2011

For 1) it's ok with the good profile (samsung E series) : i can play most of my video files without transcoding

For 2) Now i can see my m3u playlist but in 4 different ways :

a- In the windows interface after "adding external playlist" : the content is ok in the right ordrer
b- In the TV interface after "adding external playlist" : i can select the list but the content appears in alphabetical order !
c- In the windows interface : the playlist display nothing when i select it in the original folder (not external playlist)
d- In the TV interface : the playlist is tagged empty when i select it in the original folder (not external playlist)

For 3) it's OK with " tick the "Disable manufacturer extensions""

Any idea for 2b, 2c and 2d ?

Dennis
July 30th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Thank you for the information. I'll test this here and see why it's not coming up as expected. If you'd like to try a patched version, please open a ticket through http://support.kooraroo.com and I'll send you a version to try to fix points 2b/c/d.

Hla
July 31st, 2013, 12:11 AM
Request #1537 "External Playlist (M3U EXT ..." created

Note that on my TV i use only folder view and all the files/folders/playlists appear in alphabetical order.
It seems that the TV firmware ignores DLNA requests and forces this alphabetical order.

Dennis
July 31st, 2013, 12:34 AM
Ok, thank you - I'll get back to you via e-mail after checking it out.

If the TV is re-sorting on its own, then there won't be much we can do about it. One way to test this is to create any other type of playlist (just normal or a dynamic file list) in KRR and set its order to something. Then browse it on the TV and see what it looks like.

Hla
August 1st, 2013, 11:51 PM
Hi Dennis,

I've tried with 3 differents DLNA servers and it's the same behavior for all.
My conclusion is this is the TV and i must say it's a shame for a supposed DLNA renderer. I'll try to get support from samsung and i'll post the response (if they do it !).

Dennis
August 2nd, 2013, 12:08 AM
Yes, sounds like it's the TV, as I wasn't able to replicate this here either. Perhaps there is a setting (slim chance, but worth taking a look) when you are browsing DLNA folders, try bringing up the Tools menu or something like that and see if there's anything relevant to sorting there.

Please do let us know about Samsung's response, as it would be great to know.

Hla
September 6th, 2013, 05:06 AM
Samsung says play with the color buttons on the remote control but it does nothing.
The tools menu is very poor and i can't change anything.

This problem is only for video m3u playlists, the music playlists are displayed in the right order.

So at this point i don't see any solution. Thanks for your support.

Dennis
September 6th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Yes, unfortunately if the firmware on the TV is set like that, then KRR or any other DLNA software cannot really change anything.