PDA

View Full Version : Embedded .ssa subtitles - font and styling preserved on burn in?

Luisa
July 29th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Hi there! I watch a lot of Anime, and have been wondering - does KooRaRoo preserve the (often quite complex) font/colour/styling parameters that are contained within the .ssa subs that most Anime uses, when using the burn in function? These Anime video files have the .ssa subtitle file embedded/muxed in with them, and usually include fonts muxed in alongside.

I've been trying to find out, but am having no luck getting the subtitles to burn in at all (streaming to a BlackBerry PlayBook, using Kalemsoft Player - Kalemsoft player can read .ssa subs but strips the styling). Am fairly certain that I've followed all the steps detailed elsewhere on the forums correctly. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help! Really hope that I can sort this out and that the subs burn in retaining all styling as, so far, KooRaRoo is looking like a replacement for my current DLNA streamer. Cheers!

Dennis
July 29th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Hi Luisa,

Yes, styling and fonts should be preserved, since they are part of the .ssa file. The interesting question would be what happens if embedded fonts are not standard.

Ideally, it would be great if I could test this here with one of your files. Would be be able to send me a link to the original download or share one of those videos through Dropbox or any other file sharing site? If you can, please open a ticket through http://support.kooraroo.com and we can test it out and work out a solution if one is needed.

Also, can you please tell me which device profile are you using in KooRaRoo for Kalemsoft?