PDA

View Full Version : Streaming DVD

Gutek
December 26th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Hi,
Is it possible to play unripped DVD from a laptop drive on my Samsung TV (it supports DLNA)?

regards,

Dennis
December 26th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Hi,

If you add your laptop drive to KooRaRoo and then do an "Update Folder" on it after inserting a new disk, it should work. It may fail if the DVD is copy-protected though.

To see it on your TV, you'll need to create this disk folder playlist (with the laptop drive) under "My Videos" in the tree (or drag it there if you already created it) or you can disable manufacturer extensions via the device properties (from the Devices pane) to see your whole library.

Gutek
December 26th, 2012, 09:11 AM
What I did was:
1. I clicked 'Add' and then 'Disk folder' (blue icon)
2. Picked the DVD drive, stored as E:
3. I moved the created E: folder to 'My Videos' group
4. There are only two files in the folder, while the whole movie consists of about 20.
5. I would also prefer to play once the whole movie instead of playing separate files the DVD is split into. In such a way, the movie may also not have the desired subtitles.
5. I clicked also 'update folder', but despite no apparent failure, the number of files in the folder has not increased.
6. Even when I try to play a single file, my TV says: the file is currently not supported.

regards,

Dennis
December 26th, 2012, 10:21 AM
It's possible that the disk is copy-protected and those files cannot be added in. If all files can be successfully read in, they'll be combined and you'd see a title such as "your movie name (Main Title)" - which is the combination of proper VOBs into one (with your preferred language as well).

Please enable logging (tick the Enable Logging item under the Tools menu), after that restart the GUI and do an "Update Folder" on that folder. After that's done (the Status pane is idle), please send in the logs to support (at) kooraroo (dot) com and I'll investigate. To find out where logs are, go to Tools -> Options -> File Locations and click the Open button on the Logs folder.

Gutek
December 26th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Hi,
Thanks, I have sent the files in request #553.

BR
Gutek

Dennis
December 26th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Ok, thanks - I'll get back to you via e-mail.