PDA

View Full Version : Unuseable functions??

jetjockey
December 24th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Hi. I'm new to the forum so hello to all.

I have installed the KooRaRoo trial and it seems to work well in that it is immediately visible on my iPad and my Panasonic BluRay player.

However........ on both devices I can do nothing other than play a streamed movie. All attempts to use fast forward, next chapter, etc, are greeted with the message "This function not available".
This is very similar to the copyright screens and FBI warnings on DVD that cannot normally be bypassed.

How can I evaluate the product if these functions do not work? Anybody got any answers or ideas?

Many thanks, :D

Dennis
December 25th, 2012, 06:57 AM
Hi,

This message is actually not coming from KooRaRoo, but it's coming from your devices. Most likely the files you are trying to play are being transcoded and some devices/players do not allow FF and such during playback of transcoded files. Once transcoding is done, those files should play normally and you should have all (or most) of the standard functionality.

Also, please check that the Panasonic BDP has been correctly auto-detected. To do that, go to the Devices pane and see if it's using a Panasonic BDP device profile. If it's not, double-click on it (find it using IP/MAC) and select a correct device profile.

Which player are you using on the iPad? If you are using Alpha Systems Media Player or 8player (recommended), then KRR also has profiles for those which need to be selected.

jetjockey
December 25th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Hello Dennis, and Merry Christmas.

Thanks for your suggestions. I will check out the detected devices in KooRaRoo ASAP.
It seems a coincidence though that the exact same message (word for word) comes up on two different devices?

The iPad is using an App called Air Player. Perhaps there is a profile for this in KooRaRoo?

I will report back.

Kind regards. :D

Dennis
December 25th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Merry Christmas! :)

It's a rather generic message, so I wouldn't be surprised that it's repeated over a few devices. I can assure you that KRR does not send any message to the device that can come up on the screen, so the message is generated from within the device itself.

There is no profile for AirPlayer currently, but I'd be happy to make one. Can you please send an e-mail to support (at) kooraroo (dot) com mentioning this and I'll send you a profile to try.

jetjockey
December 25th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Hi Dennis.

Many thanks, I will do that. Still running around like a headless chicken wrapping presents. I have downloaded 8player for my iPad, looks good.

Hope the weather is good there, I have friends in Melbourne and Brisbane, and relatives in Perth.

Cheers.

Dennis
December 26th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Yes, the holiday season always causes chaos because for some inexplicable reason most people I know (including myself) tend to leave everything up till the last minute :)

The weather in Melbourne is always changing (we can get four seasons in one day), but it's good at the moment and looks like it will be ok for New Year's (last few years were a scorcher).

jetjockey
December 26th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Hi Dennis.

Just a quick update. Having checked devices in KooRaRoo both my iPad and Panasonic BluRay player were detected as "Default Devices".
I have now set them as 8Player and Panasonic BDP (Divx, MKV).

Will check the results in the morning.

Kind regards.

Dennis
December 26th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Unfortunately some devices cannot be auto-detected, so a generic profile would be used, which would not provide the best possible experience. Hopefully things improve with the correct profiles - please let me know when you have a chance.

jetjockey
December 26th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Hello again.

With the KooRaRoo Panasonic BluRay definition set to "Panasonic BDP (Divx, MKV) my Panasonic BluRay player BDP120 will no longer play video files streamed to it via KooRaRoo.
If I change the definition to just "Panasonic BDP" the video files will now play again but I am faced with the original message telling me that no functions are available except Play.
Not even "Pause" works.
All of these video files (stored on my server) play perfectly on my Panasonic BDP120, and all functions are available, when I access them using the network mapping feature of the BDP120.

I am just going to check 8player on my iPad. So far it is not looking good for KooRaRoo.

Hmmmmm?

Dennis
December 26th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Ok, then most likely the device profile needs to be adjusted (or a new one created).

Can you please right-click on some of the files that play on the BDP when using a share and send the output of the "File Information" command to support (at) kooraroo (dot) com and I'll send you a new profile or recommend a different one to use.

jetjockey
December 26th, 2012, 06:31 PM
OK. Family calling around today for dinner so that may have to wait untill tomorrow.

Tried the iPad earlier using 8player. On almost every movie it refuses to play and gives a message saying that the codec is not yet available in 8player. it then advises one to visit a particular website where one can download some IOS Codecs. Instead I switched to Air Player which so far plays everything with no such complaints! It also allows use of fast forward, pause, etc, with no problems. What on earth is the deal with 8player?

Thanks.

Dennis
December 26th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Interesting - I was under the impression that 8player didn't need any additional codecs, but perhaps I'm wrong here. I'd be happy to create a device profile for Air Player to get things going smoothly.