PDA

View Full Version : Kindle Fire HD - Any advice

masterchef
December 24th, 2012, 01:47 AM
Hi All (and Dennis)

The latest update has really improved my user streaming experience to my Samsung Blueray Player. Now I want to try and stream to my brand new Kindle HD device (my Birthday present). Anyone any advice as to where to start.

Thanks

Dennis
December 24th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Hi and happy birthday :)

Kindle HD is Android, right? If so, I'd recommend trying MX Video Player with Bubble UPnP (or any other DLNA client). In KooRaRoo select the "MX Video Profile" for it and see how it goes.

geronimo
January 12th, 2013, 04:51 AM
I have an Android tablet and MX player on it. When I set select MX Video profile almost all my files are transcoded and MX player is using SW decoder. If I manually disable transcoding all files are still playing OK and MX player is using HW decoder. Probably because there are so many different Android devices out there with different capabilities?

I'd like something like learning transcoding mode. At first no files would be transcoded and when a device would have problems playing some file, user would right click it and select "Incompatible file" - > "MX Video player". Server would analyse that file and from then on it would automatically transcode all incompatible files of that type for that device.

Dennis
January 12th, 2013, 08:25 AM
I have an Android tablet and MX player on it. When I set select MX Video profile almost all my files are transcoded and MX player is using SW decoder. If I manually disable transcoding all files are still playing OK and MX player is using HW decoder. Probably because there are so many different Android devices out there with different capabilities?

Can you please right-click on some of those files in KooRaRoo and post the output of the "File Information" command (or send it to support (at) kooraroo (dot) com) and I'll adjust the device profile to send those files natively.

I'd like something like learning transcoding mode. At first no files would be transcoded and when a device would have problems playing some file, user would right click it and select "Incompatible file" - > "MX Video player". Server would analyse that file and from then on it would automatically transcode all incompatible files of that type for that device.
That's an interesting idea - thank you for the suggestion.