PDA

View Full Version : Metadata messing up file names

Taylor
December 22nd, 2012, 08:14 AM
Hi all.

First post so sorry if I didn't notice if my issues have already been addressed or discussed earlier.

As the title suggest I'm using KooRaRoo (trial atm but if this one small thing can be resolved I will buy as it is one of the better DLNA servers I've used). The below image is a share folder:

Although when access it through my Panasonic TV it shows the following:

I carefully name all my media and want them to appear the same on my TV. Is there something I can tick/ untick/ do to resolve this?

Thanks for any responses.

Dennis
December 22nd, 2012, 10:03 AM
Hi,

Thank you for the screenshots, but I am sorry, I don't see any difference - the file titles look the same. Can you please tell me what's wrong? If you mean that there's a "- Trial" added to the folders, then that goes away automatically in the purchased version.

Or do you the mean the last one in TV screenshot?

Taylor
December 22nd, 2012, 05:33 PM
Specifically it is the bottom one on my picture of the TV. It shows up as Castle.2009.S03E19.720p.HDTV.X264... On my PC that I'm streaming it from it is called Castle (2009) - S03E19 - Law & Murder.

Same thing happens randomly happens in my other folders but its mostly just one per folder.

I worked out the trial folder thing =)

Thanks for the speedy response.

Dennis
December 22nd, 2012, 07:28 PM
Ok, makes sense :) I'll add an option to fix this in the next update. I can send you a patch, if you are interested in trying it before - just e-mail support (at) kooraroo (dot) com.

Taylor
December 23rd, 2012, 06:32 PM
That's the kind of support that wins fans, thanks.

I'm currently running 1.3.4.0 and not upgraded to 1.3.5.0 yet. Will the patch work on both or should I upgrade to the newest one first?

Dennis
December 23rd, 2012, 08:09 PM
Yes, you'll need to install 1.3.5 first, because I can only patch based on the latest released version. Once you've installed that, let me know (via the support e-mail) and I'll send you a patch.

Taylor
December 23rd, 2012, 08:26 PM
Updated now, I will send you an e-mail after Christmas about the patch as I'm off to see family. Thanks for your help.

Dennis
December 23rd, 2012, 10:17 PM
Have a Merry Christmas! :)

Taylor
December 27th, 2012, 11:32 PM
E-mail sent, cheers.

Dennis
December 28th, 2012, 06:25 AM
E-mail sent, cheers.

Ok, thanks - I'll reply to you via e-mail with the patch.

Taylor
January 1st, 2013, 07:13 PM
All working fine, everything showing up on my Panasonic TV how it should.

Also used your TrialPay to buy a copy (went for a William Hill gamble).

Thanks

Dennis
January 1st, 2013, 09:47 PM
Great, I'm glad it's working and thank you for the purchase!