PDA

View Full Version : Want to stream Blu-ray discs to Samsung TV

bender
December 8th, 2012, 02:40 AM
Hi,
My setup is that I have a 2010 Samsung 50C7000 plasma with a Samsung wireless linkstick and a PC with a built-in bluray drive and a wireless network.

So far Kooraroo can stream mkv, xvid, mp4 to the Samsung TV from the PC hdd and any attached USB hdd.
I have also tested some movies with separate subtitle (.srt) files and they work well.

I also have 35 store bought blu-ray discs which I haven't been able to stream. Kooraroo sees the folder structure but not the .m2ts files on the discs so the folders are empty in the Kooraroo view pane.

VLC player will play the blu-ray discs on the computer but even VLC won't play the individual .m2ts files on the PC. However, it will play the whole movie (without menus) by going Media/open disc/bluray/play.

The closest I have come to doing this is by trying Twonky. It listed the .m2ts files in the directories and the Samsung TV saw them as well but they didn't play and a message like "unsupported file type" came up. Don't ask me how to transcode in Twonky because the interface isn't very good so I deleted it.

Am I doing something wrong or is it not possible to stream bluray discs (or the m2ts files within the folders) using Kooraroo?
I was hoping Kooraroo would see the m2ts files and transcode them to a format that the Samsung TV can see and play.

Dennis
December 8th, 2012, 06:59 AM
KooRaRoo should've picked up those M2TS files - I'm surprised it didn't.

Can you please enable logging (tick the Enable Logging item under the Tools menu), then restart the GUI and add one such disk to the KRR's media library. Once processing is finished (no tasks left in the Status pane), shut down the GUI and send the logs to support (at) kooraroo (dot) com. To find the logs, please go to Tools -> Options -> File Locations and click the Open button on the Logs folder.

bender
December 8th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Log file just sent now Dennis, thanks.

Btw, the TV is the Samsung 63C7000 plasma not the 50C7000 plasma, if that makes a difference.
I had a 50C7000 but it stopped working under warranty and they upgraded me to the bigger one if I paid them the difference.

Dennis
December 8th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the logs - I'll get back to you via the support e-mail.