PDA

View Full Version : Web interface

anontemp123
December 6th, 2012, 04:36 AM
Wikipedia mentions a partial web interface: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_UPnP_AV_MediaServers

I can't find any mention of a web interface on the KooRaRoo website.

Dennis
December 6th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Web interface is accessed by adding /html/ to the server's IP and port in your browser (e.g.: 192.168.0.34:53180/html/ ). It's not fully finished yet, but coming soon. Would that be something that you would use?

anontemp123
December 6th, 2012, 10:13 AM
I just get:

Welcome to KooRaRoo Media!

Web-based interface is coming soon...

There is a more functioning web interface mentioned in this post: http://forum.kooraroo.com/showthread.php/134-DVD-iso-no-subtitles?p=472&viewfull=1#post472

Just curious. I personally would not use the web interface. I would be more interested in disabling the web interface if it was there.

Dennis
December 6th, 2012, 10:19 AM
I just get:

There is a more functioning web interface mentioned in this post: http://forum.kooraroo.com/showthread.php/134-DVD-iso-no-subtitles?p=472&viewfull=1#post472

Just curious. I personally would not use the web interface. I would be more interested in disabling the web interface if it was there.

The Web interface is closed down at the moment, because it's not fully finished yet and I didn't want to expose a half-finished one yet... If there is interest in using it, I'll bump up the priority on this feature. It wouldn't hurt, because without port forwarding on your machine, it wouldn't be accessible to the outside world in any case.

In that post, I think the "web interface" mentioned was actually meant to say "gui interface".

zoosdgreat
January 21st, 2013, 10:26 PM
Hi
I've just found KRR and love it, purely due to the Parental Control feature, the ability to set Parental Ratings on a file / folder level is well thought out, thanks. And the fact it can play pretty much most files without transcoding is a bonus.
As for the Web Interface, i'm definately interested,so if you could bump up the priority it would be most appreciated. The main feature i'm interested in is the ability to edit the devices "Parental Ratings" remotely. If you can enable that feature from the GUI into a html page, that would be awesome. I would be happy to be a tester for any beta versions.
Of course if htere are any other way to access the devices list and edit any specific device ie: via cli etc. i would love to hear how.
Many thanx, - fingers crossed its too long to wait :)

Dennis
January 21st, 2013, 10:50 PM
I'm glad you like KooRaRoo - thank you! :)

I'll bump up the priority on the web interface a bit and it shouldn't be too far away. Thank you for the suggestion regarding editing devices remotely as well. I'd also be interested to hear if you have suggestions on what settings should be adjustable via the command-line (there are no settings that can be adjusted currently like that, but there is no reason why this shouldn't be implemented).

zoosdgreat
June 5th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Hi Dennis

I've been keeping up with all the updates thanks, but have not noticed anything regarding http access.
Has there been any movement on this feature?

Many Thanks

I'm glad you like KooRaRoo - thank you! :)

I'll bump up the priority on the web interface a bit and it shouldn't be too far away. Thank you for the suggestion regarding editing devices remotely as well. I'd also be interested to hear if you have suggestions on what settings should be adjustable via the command-line (there are no settings that can be adjusted currently like that, but there is no reason why this shouldn't be implemented).

Dennis
June 5th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Hi,

At the moment http is not yet implemented, but it's coming soon. Sorry for the delay in implementing this.

jwbokx
June 5th, 2013, 04:34 PM
For me the webinterface would be handy.
I installed KooRaRoo on a windows home server.
With the webinterface I do not have to log-in on my server.

Dennis
June 6th, 2013, 12:54 AM
Great, thanks for the interest - it should be fully implemented soon.

zoosdgreat
June 16th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Hi Dennis
That's great news, can't wait

Cheers

Dennis
July 17th, 2013, 04:56 PM
This is now available with v1.8.0 - please give it a try and let me know what you think :)

ashurablood
August 8th, 2013, 07:40 AM
I'm having troubles with this feature, works perfectly in LAN, but trought Internet I only can access to the main page (so the port is opened), when I try to enter to a folder, it doesn't load... any suggestions?

Also, is there a program to watch it online, not via web interface?

Dennis
August 8th, 2013, 09:40 AM
I'm having troubles with this feature, works perfectly in LAN, but trought Internet I only can access to the main page (so the port is opened), when I try to enter to a folder, it doesn't load... any suggestions?

Can you please send in a log file of that, so that I could check what's going on there?

Also, is there a program to watch it online, not via web interface?
Typically you'd have multimedia plug-ins in your browser or the browser would bring a media player that is installed on the computer you are using. Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by the "program to watch it online"?