PDA

View Full Version : Couple of problems

morpheus2n2
November 15th, 2012, 10:06 AM
HI I found a couple of problems that are really hindering the server at the mo.
First on is its telling me that files I know to work are and incompatible format on my Samsung Blu-Ray player and my PS3 (360 unaffected so far) I know these files work and are compatible as If I play them via Windows Media server or USB they work just fine but trying to play then via Kooraroo I get incompatible error, I have transcoding off as I don't need it due to the files being stored in .mp4 so they should (and do) work on every DLNA player in the house. But if I turn transcoding on they do play but I shouldn't have to lol.

Second I have found theres a problem with the Auto folder update option as once if finished with a folder instead of moving to the next one or just stopping it seems to hang, I then have to slick stop in the stauts window and it will then move on to the next one.

Dennis
November 15th, 2012, 11:04 AM
HI I found a couple of problems that are really hindering the server at the mo.
First on is its telling me that files I know to work are and incompatible format on my Samsung Blu-Ray player and my PS3 (360 unaffected so far) I know these files work and are compatible as If I play them via Windows Media server or USB they work just fine but trying to play then via Kooraroo I get incompatible error, I have transcoding off as I don't need it due to the files being stored in .mp4 so they should (and do) work on every DLNA player in the house. But if I turn transcoding on they do play but I shouldn't have to lol.

Can you please right-click on one of those MP4 files in KRR and post the output of the File Information command, so that I could check what the file is?

Second I have found theres a problem with the Auto folder update option as once if finished with a folder instead of moving to the next one or just stopping it seems to hang, I then have to slick stop in the stauts window and it will then move on to the next one.
I haven't seen that before :) Can you please take a screenshot of that and send it to support (at) kooraroo (dot) com?

Also, please enable logging (tick the Enable Logging item under the Tools menu), then let folder update hang as it does and shut down KRR at this point. Then zip up and send all logs to the support e-mail as well. To find out where logs are, please go to Tools -> Options -> File Locations and click the Open button on the Logs folder.