PDA

View Full Version : First time with KooRaRoo

morpheus2n2
November 12th, 2012, 05:29 AM
Hi I came across this server while spending a long time looking as my last server kept crashing I have tried a few and now its time to try this one and so far i'm impressed.
Basically I have my TV Shows spread across multiple HDD's is there a way to add them all to the server but it will only display on folder, as at the mo I added them all but I have to look through each TV Show folder to find the shows I want to watch, So what Im trying to do is have there server do the same sort of thing as the windows library, I have a Basic TV show folder then can then point to different drives at the same time and list the hole lot in one nice list.

Hope that makes sense lol

Also I use Media centre master to fetch all my metadata and auto sort my media out for me is there a option somewhere to load the meta data from the .xmls that MCM creates or could this be added :)

Thanks so much for any help and really hope this is the server to keep

Dennis
November 12th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Hi I came across this server while spending a long time looking as my last server kept crashing I have tried a few and now its time to try this one and so far i'm impressed.

Thank you!

Basically I have my TV Shows spread across multiple HDD's is there a way to add them all to the server but it will only display on folder, as at the mo I added them all but I have to look through each TV Show folder to find the shows I want to watch, So what Im trying to do is have there server do the same sort of thing as the windows library, I have a Basic TV show folder then can then point to different drives at the same time and list the hole lot in one nice list.

Hope that makes sense lol

If I understand correctly, then you can just create a playlist (for example call it "My TV Shows") in the root of your media library in KRR, then just drag-and-drop the folders you've added to KRR into this folder and that'll give you a single folder which contains all those subfolders in one spot. Is that what you meant?

Also I use Media centre master to fetch all my metadata and auto sort my media out for me is there a option somewhere to load the meta data from the .xmls that MCM creates or could this be added :)

Can you please send a sample .xmls file to support (at) kooraroo (dot) com and I'll add this in to the next update.

Thanks so much for any help and really hope this is the server to keep
Thank you for the positive feedback - I hope so too! ;)

morpheus2n2
November 12th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Thanks for getting back to me. I have sent the email with the info you needed hope it helps, also when I was asking about having a consolidated list it seems that the app sort of dose it for me with out me doing anything but also bugs at the same time.

Basically I added the Folders that contain my TV Shows in the app I had them all Titled "TV Shows" and had the settings the same for all of them, I found that it would then add them all to the server tree on the left but all the shows would only be listed under the first folder (this was the same when viewing from my 360 there was only one TV Shows folder listed but it contain ALL my shows) but it would also have the other parent folders listed on the GUI but if I click them it would show the main server window (I know this makes no scene at all so I will add a couple of pics)

AS you can see here on the left its listing 3 folders but in the main window theres 1 with 30 shows added

As you can see here there shows are there and if you look at the file location its showing different drives :)

This is the odd one if you click on one of the folders the do not have a + next to it this is the view you get, I must add that if you delete the folder it will delete one of the placeholder Folders at random, I have uninstalled and reinstalled 4 times and can reproduce this each and every time so not sure if you want to try it and see if you can work it out lol, as it dose the job I want but all so has a strange little bug in the process.

morpheus2n2
November 12th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Ok it seems after a restart of the PC I found the extra TV Show folders have now done and its all consolidated into one nice list, so it seems the only bug is the app dost update the list properly but hay that could just be cos it processing 50k of files lol :D
Must say so far this is one of the best Media servers out there and judging by the fact you have stated there's more to be add this could well be the best out there very quick. Keep up the fantastic work.

Dennis
November 12th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Can you please confirm that you have three folders on disk all titled "TV Shows"? If you do, then you should not be able to add them to the same tree node, because most devices will break on duplicate folder names in the same root. KRR should have stopped you from doing that :) This is only relevant for titles, so what I would suggest (if that's the case), is to change the Title when you add one of those folder to be like: "TV Shows (E: drive)", then another will be "TV Shows (F: drive)", etc... It doesn't matter what you do, but they should have unique names. I'll check why you were allowed to add them in in the first place, because KRR should have told you about this and opted to rename the folders automatically to make them unique.

morpheus2n2
November 13th, 2012, 01:51 AM
Lol I can confirm there all titled TV Shows, So far all 3 of my 360's, the PS3 and my Samsung Blu-ray all pick up just one TV Show folder on the server and can see and play all shows that are listed under this one folder. I know you said it should not have allowed it but it seems to work well and is a nice feature although and accidental one but really handy :)

Ok as for the .xml it sort of picks them up, when looking at the video files via the main windows it seems to list metadata like Genre actors. But under File properties threes nothing listed the description is empty and some of the metadata drop downs are empty as well but some are also populated with the actors etc. So yes its picking up some of the info from the .xml for TV Shows :) But Films its doesn't pick any of the info up from the .xml at all.

EDIT:- After a PC restart I have noticed that its now removed the other TV Shows from the server lol I have now readded them with unique names and it didn't even process them so looks like they where still in the database.

Dennis
November 13th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Ok, I'll check your XMLs for fields that are not parsed out at the moment and add them in or fix them up.

Since files are already in the database, re-adding them will be almost instant, because KRR doesn't need to re-process the files.

I'm trying to reproduce how you were able to add them in the first place - did you add them one-by-one to another folder and then dragged into the new location by any chance? That seems to be the only way to create this issue, but perhaps you found another and I'd like to fix that to if that's the case :)

morpheus2n2
November 13th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Basically on my PC my shows are stored on different drives under a parent folder called TV Shows.
Whet I did in the app was right click and choose add Disk Folder then I chose a parent folder and when the next screen pops asking me the title, description etc, I left it as is, as it auto filled the Title "TV Shows", due the the folder I had chosen.
Then when I added the next drive cos the folder was the same name it just seemed to combine them as all the details other then the drive letter where identical.

Sorry it is very had to explain.

Dennis
November 13th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Thank you - I just reproduced it. This happens only via the right-click menu, but if you use the toolbar button then it should've worked :) I'll fix this for the next update.

morpheus2n2
November 13th, 2012, 08:27 AM
ahh ok cool, I'm glad you could make sense of what I was writing cos reading it back to myself was confusing me lmao.

Dennis
November 13th, 2012, 08:46 AM
ahh ok cool, I'm glad you could make sense of what I was writing cos reading it back to myself was confusing me lmao.
It made sense to me :D