PDA

View Full Version : Set a photo as thumbnail picture of video

commoshadow
October 21st, 2012, 11:15 PM
I am new to using KooRaRoo and I am testing it out. So far I really like it and it does exactly what I needed. I am trying to figure out is how do I set a specific picture as the thumbnail for a video on the PS3? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Dennis
October 21st, 2012, 11:25 PM
I'm glad you like KRR, thanks!

You can change the default thumbnail by opening file properties (double-click on the file in KRR's GUI), then right-click on the thumbnail and use "Add Image" to choose a new thumbnail.

You may need to clear the thumbnail cache after you do this if you already browsed to this file on your device. To do that, go to Tools -> Options -> Transcoding and click the "Delete Thumbnails" button.

commoshadow
October 21st, 2012, 11:53 PM
Thank you that is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the wonderful product you guys have created I have been looking for something that would work with all my devices and this is the first one that has worked with my Vizio tv. Thank you

Dennis
October 21st, 2012, 11:55 PM
Great, I'm glad to help! :)

commoshadow
October 22nd, 2012, 07:48 AM
Is there a way to set the same picture as the thumbnail picture for each file in a folder?

Dennis
October 22nd, 2012, 09:12 AM
Is there a way to set the same picture as the thumbnail picture for each file in a folder?
Is this for video or music files? If for music, then yes, you could place certain files in that folder (e.g. "albumart-large.jpg" or "front.jpg") and it'll be used. For video files this is not used, but I can certainly make this an option. If you need it for video files, can you please tell me in what circumstances this would be useful, just so I know? Thanks!

commoshadow
October 22nd, 2012, 09:24 AM
It would be for video files. I have all my tv shows on hard drive separated into different folders each show and then in that folder I have separate folders for each season and would like to use the same picture for all episodes in the same season.

Dennis
October 22nd, 2012, 09:38 AM
Yep, makes sense :) Do you have a specific image file in that folder (just to check if KRR already looks for such files)?

commoshadow
October 22nd, 2012, 09:46 AM
I was using ps3 media server previously and downloaded pictures and and labeled them folder.jpg so they are all .jpg

Dennis
October 22nd, 2012, 10:06 AM
Ok, great - thanks. I'll add this to the upcoming update (due out in the next few days).

commoshadow
October 22nd, 2012, 11:35 AM
Awesome thank you. I have one more question is there a way to get a video file to automatically select a picture file for its thumbnail?

Dennis
October 22nd, 2012, 01:40 PM
I have one more question is there a way to get a video file to automatically select a picture file for its thumbnail?

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. Can you please give an example of how this should work?

commoshadow
October 22nd, 2012, 10:51 PM
Like with ps3 media server I would place an image in the same folder as the video and name the picture the same as the video and it would use it as the thumbnail picture. An example would be The Avengers.avi and The Avengers.jpg as long as they are in the same folder the video file would use the picture file as the thumbnail picture.

Dennis
October 22nd, 2012, 10:55 PM
Like with ps3 media server I would place an image in the same folder as the video and name the picture the same as the video and it would use it as the thumbnail picture. An example would be The Avengers.avi and The Avengers.jpg as long as they are in the same folder the video file would use the picture file as the thumbnail picture.

Ah, yes, that'll be done for video as well as part of this update (it's currently implemented for music).

commoshadow
November 7th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Ah, yes, that'll be done for video as well as part of this update (it's currently implemented for music).

Did this get added if so how do I go about doing it? Also did you add the feature to allow you to name a file folder.jpg and it would use the file for the thumbnail on all the files in the folder?

Thank you

Dennis
November 7th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Yes, these are part of 1.3.2 that should be coming out later today or tomorrow.

I can give you a pre-release version if you'd like to try it - just e-mail support (at) kooraroo (dot) com.

commoshadow
November 18th, 2012, 04:19 AM
All of the files show in the program but when I look on my PS3 a lot of the thumbnails are not showing up is there a reason this is happening? Also how do I get a picture to show as thumbnail for all of the files in a folder?

Dennis
November 18th, 2012, 07:24 AM
You'll need to run Update Folder on the folder and tick "Use external files for video thumbnails". Once that's done, thumbnails should come up properly. You may also want to set this as a default option for updating folders via the Tools -> Options -> Update Folders setting.

If the files are correctly showing up in the GUI, perhaps you need to clear the existing thumbnail cache. To do that, go to Tools -> Options -> Transcoding and click the "Delete Thumbnails" button. After that try the PS3 again and see if they all come up now.

commoshadow
November 22nd, 2012, 06:15 AM
How do I get it to recognize a picture to be the thumbnail for all video files in a particular folder?

Dennis
November 22nd, 2012, 08:17 AM
How do I get it to recognize a picture to be the thumbnail for all video files in a particular folder?

That happens automatically, if a suitable picture is found in a folder and "Use external files for video thumbnails" and "Create thumbnails" are ticked in the Update Folder settings.

KRR will check for the same filename plus a .jpg/.png extension, it will also check for folder.jpg/folder.png.

If that's not working, please let me know and also, if it needs extending (e.g. to support more possible thumbnail file names) - let me know as well and I'll fix it up.