PDA

View Full Version : Changing location of log files and database files isn't working in 1.70

abekl
July 6th, 2013, 11:30 PM
I have been trying to change the location of log and database files in version 1.7 (x64) without success.

Regarding the database files, I follow the prompts to stop and restart the server and the UI, but the database location remains untouched.

Regarding the log files, the path is uneditable. If possible, please make it editable.

Dennis
July 7th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Do you get any warnings/errors from KRR when trying to change the database location? Do any files get copied to the new location (or actually, are the new folders created at all)?

Regarding the logs - I'll make a note to implement this, but typically logging should be turned off, so it won't be eating up any space. Thanks for the suggestion though.

abekl
July 7th, 2013, 10:50 AM
I get the prompt to move the database now or cancel. So I choose Move the database now. Then I'm prompted One of the changes requires Kooraroo media to sut down. I click OK, and it shuts down.

I then restart the server and restore the UI and look in the file locations setting and see that the old location for the database files is still there, and in fact, none of the database files have been moved to the new location.

This is important, because I have Kooraroo on a SSD and space is limited, so I need to offload as many of the files (transcodes, databases, logs, etc) to a separate drive.

Dennis
July 7th, 2013, 11:15 AM
It must be failing at some point during the move then and thus reverting back.

Can you please run your Event Viewer (type "eventvwr" in your Windows' search prompt), then go to Windows Logs -> Application and see if there are any KooRaRoo entries in there. If there are, please let me what it says there.