PDA

View Full Version : Unable to play any file from Synology NAS

zoosdgreat
June 27th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Hi
I have recently setup a new Synology 1813+ NAS, reconfigured all of the library within KRR, and now i'm unable to play any file.
Error "The selected file is not currently supported". I get this error for every file.

After rebooting server, and restarting KRR a few times to no avail, i remapped my old NAS (a Thecus N4100+) and added a folder, attempted to play the same files, and had no problems at all.
I've gone through all the permissions on the File structure on the Synology and made sure the account that accesses the NAS from KRR has full rights, i've even enabled full rights to the guest.
I can see connections happening on the NAS from my domain account and all appears to be fine. I dont have any error logs on the NAS pointing to a problem.

Any help at all, would be most appreciated.
To help with any diagnostics, i have enable logging, attempted to play a video, after the failure, i've stopped the server and captured the Log.
Where should i send this?

Many Thanks
Steve

Dennis
June 27th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Hi Steve,

Please send the logs to support (at) kooraroo (dot) com and I'll investigate.

vineet381
July 11th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Hi Steve,

Please send the logs to support (at) kooraroo (dot) com and I'll investigate.

Hi, I am facing the same challenge. attached is my log, trying to play a file on my NAS on the panasonic VT60
I cant play any file (even those supported by my TV) through DLNA

Dennis
July 11th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the log.

It appears that the file cannot be accessed, for example:

\\VINEEDISK\video\Hindi\Ek Thi Daayan (2013)-720p.DVDRip-x264.6Ch-[E-SUB]-By-K@rtik [K@rtik Exclusive]\Ek Thi Daayan (2013)-720p.DVDRip-x264.6Ch-[E-SUB]-By-K@rtik [K@rtik Exclusive].mkv

What may be happening is that the server does not have permissions to access your NAS folders. The server has less permissions than the GUI, so please try enabling guest/anonymous access to the NAS and see if that helps. Another way to test this is to copy one of your videos to a local drive, then add it to KRR and try streaming that. It should work from the local drive.

vineet381
July 12th, 2013, 03:22 AM
Thanks for the log.

It appears that the file cannot be accessed, for example:

\\VINEEDISK\video\Hindi\Ek Thi Daayan (2013)-720p.DVDRip-x264.6Ch-[E-SUB]-By-K@rtik [K@rtik Exclusive]\Ek Thi Daayan (2013)-720p.DVDRip-x264.6Ch-[E-SUB]-By-K@rtik [K@rtik Exclusive].mkv

What may be happening is that the server does not have permissions to access your NAS folders. The server has less permissions than the GUI, so please try enabling guest/anonymous access to the NAS and see if that helps. Another way to test this is to copy one of your videos to a local drive, then add it to KRR and try streaming that. It should work from the local drive.

Hi, thanks, it worked after giving the access to guest user.
Question- the video becomes in responsive sometime if I forward or rewind it while it is getting played. Can this be overcome?
Also, the transcoding takes a while. So is there is way I can add entire collection in the queue to get transcode and play it on my tv whenever I want to? Or is it one at a time and does the transcoding video expires after sometime?
I really like this software and would like to buy the licensed version once I have some clarity.
Thanks again.

Dennis
July 12th, 2013, 09:13 AM
I'm glad that worked - thanks for letting me know.

With regards issues with transcoding, it'd be best if I could see some logs (please send them to support (at) kooraroo (dot) com) - that will tell me if transcoding is fast enough for real-time playback and if it, whether it can be optimized further.

You can select multiple files and transcode them all at once. Transcoded files are stored in the cache with 80 GBs of disk space set aside for it by default. You can change this using Tools -> Options -> Transcoding.