PDA

View Full Version : LG TV doesnt see Kooraroo unless server software is restarted

PhilP
June 17th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Hi,
I'm trialling with the free version first and liking it a lot. One thing I finding though - when we switch on our LG smart TV, it doesn't show Kooraroo as an input option on an already running pc unless I manually restart the server software. The TV does see Windows Media Player running on another PC.
Any thoughts pls?

Dennis
June 17th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Hi,

I've seen this happen on some LG TV models. Can you please tell me the exact model of your TV?

If you wait for 30-45 seconds, does KRR come up on the TV or it never appears at all? I'd say, the maximum wait time is up to a minute, if it's not there after that, then something is wrong.

PhilP
June 18th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the quick reply. The problem has gone away today.
FYI, the TV model is 47LM6410-TB. Yesterday I found there was an online firmware update for the TV, so did that, and after switching on this morning there was KRR!

Should have checked this before posting here!

Dennis
June 18th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Hi Phil,

I'm glad it's sorted out and thank you for letting me know.

If it happens again (hopefully not), then we can look at some logs and see what's going on.

PhilP
June 19th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Uh-oh
Sorry Dennis - today I'm back to where I was.
If I switch on the TV and server PC - KRR never appears in TV's list of inputs.
If I then restart KRR server through GUI or win services and KRR appears on the TV after abt 10 seconds
Having restarted the server I can then switch off TV, then back on and after abt 10 seconds KRR is there.

Pls adv if I shd send logs, other info...

Rgds

Dennis
June 19th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Phil,

Yes, please send in the logs. What I need to see in the logs is that the KRR server is running and then you turn on your TV and go to the DLNA input. Give it 45 seconds after that and then stop the server and send in the logs.

townie2
June 21st, 2013, 02:52 AM
i find i get that sometimes on my media players, but i have no problem with it, i just click server off, then on again and everything is fine.

puamik
January 24th, 2014, 05:30 AM
server off and turn on the server again - yes, it works. But why every time you restart the PC, it is necessary to do this - server off and on?
Is there any solution?
I have a LG tv 47 LM 670

Dennis
January 24th, 2014, 07:54 AM
server off and turn on the server again - yes, it works. But why every time you restart the PC, it is necessary to do this - server off and on?
Is there any solution?
I have a LG tv 47 LM 670

It may help if you set Delayed Start for the service (see this thread: http://forum.kooraroo.com/showthread.php/2431-Reboot-of-computer). Please let me know if that works (or if you need step-by-step instructions on how to do this).

puamik
February 19th, 2014, 04:03 AM
Delayed start all solved. Thank you