PDA

View Full Version : Play all videos in a playlist?

basilobrush
October 6th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Hi
Is it possible to play all the videos in a playlist?
All the videos show up and all will play but after each video it goes back to the folder view an will not play the whole list like VLC or WMP does.
Is it possible to shuffle or randomise a playlist?

Dennis
October 6th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Hi,

Usually this is controlled by the device. You may have a menu or some options during playback that let you specify how playback is done. If you can tell me the make and model of your device, I can check whether it's possible and how it's done as well.

freeop
October 7th, 2012, 12:04 AM
I have noticed that my Magnavox BDP always plays the next video. I was wondering just the opposite if it was possible to stop at the end of a video. I need to check that feature in the menu of the BDP and see if I can turn it off.

Thanks...

Dennis
October 7th, 2012, 12:23 AM
I have noticed that my Magnavox BDP always plays the next video. I was wondering just the opposite if it was possible to stop at the end of a video. I need to check that feature in the menu of the BDP and see if I can turn it off.

For Magnavox BDPs - try either the "Mode" or "Pop Menu/Menu" buttons on the remote and see if those bring up a menu that lets you specify whether you'd like to play all or just a single file. The "Repeat" button on the remote may also be related to this.

Please let us know what works :)

basilobrush
October 7th, 2012, 05:00 AM
Hi
Thanks for the replies
I have a Panasonic Viera TX-P-46GT30B and a Panasonic SC-BTT370 3D BluRay player.
All I have found in the menus is repeat a single video.
Usually a playlist will play everything in the list, but not in this case.
Thanks to all

Dennis
October 7th, 2012, 10:24 AM
I checked the manual for the TV and it appears that you can play all file in photos and music mode, but it doesn't say that about videos. Perhaps it'll work as well, just not mentioned in the manual. Please try going to the Options menu when you are in a folder with the files, then check the Repeat setting for video and music files and see if it's different (i.e. allows you to play the whole folder in music).

On the BDP it should be under the Display menu - the manual says options will vary, so I'm not sure what you'll get there :)

Please let us know whether it's possible with your devices or not. Thanks!

basilobrush
October 8th, 2012, 03:22 AM
Hi Dennis
Just as I thought the TV will only repeat or slideshow pictures and only repeat videos.
The BluRay player is the same for pictures but no options for video.
I always thought it was the software that read the playlist and then played what was on the list until finished
Thanks

Dennis
October 8th, 2012, 10:13 AM
The way it works is that the TV (or another device) talks to the server and says "give me a file list for this folder", so the server sends over a file list and then it's up to the TV how to display it and how to play it. The device will request one file at a time from the server, so the server has no real control over how that part is done.

If your devices are detected as "Renderer" in KRR's Device's pane, then you can "push" files to them from within KRR's GUI. That will allow you to play whole playlists (at the moment it's one file at a time, but full folder support is coming soon - I'm not sure it'll work on all devices, so testing will show), but this has to be initiated from the GUI rather than the device.

basilobrush
October 14th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Hi Dennis
Thanks for the info.
I can't see if renderer is in my devices panel as the trial copy has expired.
I will keep an eye on the forum to see if any software updates will allow file lists to play all on my system, or even a Panasonic update.
If it did it would be worth buying.
Thanks for your efforts

Dennis
October 14th, 2012, 11:31 AM
The trial can be extended, if you wish. Just send an e-mail to support (at) kooraroo (dot) com and I'll send you a trial extension key.

basilobrush
October 16th, 2012, 11:03 PM
Hi Dennis
Thanks for the extension period.
My TV shows up in the devices panel as Renderer.
I'm not sure what you mean by push files to GUI?
I select a folder and then select all the files I want to play.
If I go to Play to Device my device is greyed out.
The same happens if I go to actions play to device.
If I just choose 1 file it plays OK
Any ideas?
Thanks

Dennis
October 16th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Pushing files to the device from the GUI is exactly what you are doing. As I mentioned in my previous post, pushing whole folders or multiple files is not supported yet, but it's coming soon :)

basilobrush
October 17th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Any chance of a random or shuffle play of multiple files with the update?

Dennis
October 17th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Any chance of a random or shuffle play of multiple files with the update?
Is that when pushing files to a device or when accessing KRR from the device? Both are planned, but I just want to know which is more important for you.